Saturday 14 August 2010

Domestic duties

Yes, I am ashamed to say I have been neglecting my blogging commitment! I do however have a very good reason for this!
     For all this week I have been left in charge of my house. Apparently this was my chance to become a domestic goddess and learn to live independently. Little did I know how time consuming this is! Washing clothes is fine, shove them in, put it on for an hour, job done! Hanging them out to dry becomes slightly more difficult.
     For example, when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I've been doing this week is to look outside to check the weather. Most mornings my judgement is "oooh it looks nice, sunny, nice breeze... GET THE WASHING OUT QUICK". So I grab my jumper, run downstairs and rush outside in my pyjamas and flip flops, just to get this washing out on the line. Five minutes later, it throws it down. I did not realise how irritating the weather can be when you have washing to hang out.
   However, the weather can also have the opposite affect. Before I went to work on Thursday I didn't hang out the washing, as I was unsure weather wise. Then it was sunny all morning, and I was quite upset, as I knew I had missed my chance. Then around 2pm it rained, and I just thought "HELL YES, I WAS RIGHT, HAHAHAHA". Never had I been happier to see it rain... This is what domestic life does!!
    And as for ironing? Well..... How do people find the time for this? To stand in the same position for half an hour to make sure your clothes are straight? Even towels and socks and things, that no-one sees?! Although it is oddly therapeutic, that is until you get the one t-shirt that you cannot get the crease out of. Oh my, listen to me, I'm starting to sound like a middle aged mother!
    I have also been cooking this week, and so far none of my friends have died! My Toad in the Hole was actually rather damn good, I'm tempted to make it again, despite my recipe being for 4 people, I think I could take it.... I am only cooking for myself this evening, so its back to chicken burgers and sweet potato wedges. Even us domestic goddesses need a rest!

Why did I write this entry? I wanted to justify my apparent lack of commitment! Also, I'm putting together what I hope will be a nice lengthy blog, inspired by an article I read in the daily mirror (not my paper, my aunty's), about how pop music is all about sex and forcing kids to grow up faster etc.. What an age old argument.... I shall get working on that asap! Although I do appear to be drowning in features for Sheffield Music Scene as well!

Off to listen to Taking Back Sunday's acoustic "Live From Orensanz" album. I wish I could review it, but it would be far too bias, albeit a very honest bias. This is fantastic, like all their albums :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment